360 Analytics is looking for an experienced building energy modeler to join our team as a key player in growing a small consulting firm. Based in Seattle, 360 Analytics analyzes and predicts how buildings use energy and other resources, with the ultimate goal of helping our clients achieve cost-effective energy conservation objectives while reducing their environmental impact. We specialize in using whole building energy simulation software, however our approach relies heavily upon research and engineering fundamentals to develop realistic analysis inputs and verify results.
The Building Energy Analyst collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to provide analysis, guidance and recommendations for meeting the sustainability and energy performance goals of our clients. Successful candidates will be comfortable working independently and capable of maintaining productivity on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Promote sustainability with analysis-based design guidance in collaboration with owners and other design team members.
- Model and analyze energy use in new and existing buildings using whole building energy simulation software such as eQuest, EnergyPlus/Open Studio etc.
- Leverage whole building energy models and other analyses to inform design of high efficiency buildings.
- Follow energy simulation guidelines to generate models for code compliance and green building rating systems, such as LEED.
- Perform evaluations of existing building performance including utility billing analysis, benchmarking, on-site building audits and other field measurements.
- Perform and document building energy code compliance calculations for component trade-off and performance based compliance paths.
- Testing and development of a new, open-source software tool, CBECC-Com, as well as other potential future applications.
- Produce complete and accurate reports/presentations suitable for both lay and technical audiences.
- Effectively document analysis procedures, assumptions and results.
- Be proactive in addressing questions or concerns raised by both clients and managers/co-workers.
- Understand the scope of work for each project, including what services are or are not included.
- Develop time estimates for tasks, and track progress on tasks such that project status can be effectively
communicated to clients and managers at all times.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education/knowledge of fundamental thermodynamic principles.
- 2-3 years of experience performing analysis or design of building systems. An MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field will generally be considered equivalent to one year of experience.
- Demonstrated ability using energy simulation software, specifically- eQuest/DOE-2.2 or OpenStudio/EnergyPlus.
- Proficient with MS Excel and other software to analyze and report data.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on-time and within budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated to advance both personal and company knowledge in the field of building performance analysis.
- EIT certified
Additional desired skills/experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of building energy codes, specifically Washington State/Seattle Energy Code, California Title 24, and ASHRAE Standard 90.1.
- Architectural, HVAC, lighting or plumbing design experience.
- Building energy auditing or commissioning experience.
- Knowledge of one or more computer programming languages – preferably Ruby, Python or VBA.
- Experience with other analysis tools commonly used in our industry, such as Radiance, WINDOW/THERM, CFD.
- LEED AP or familiarity with LEED and other green building standards.
- Licensed PE in Washington or California.
Salary Range $ 50,000 – $70,000 DOE.
We also offer training, paid medical, life, and long-term disability insurance, profit sharing, and the opportunity to take a leadership role in a growing, dynamic company. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
For more information on our firm or this position, visit our website at www.360-analytics.com, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be formally considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.