Merit Mechanical is seeking a highly energetic and enthusiastic experienced Mechanical Engineer / Designer with a broad knowledge and understanding of basic plumbing principles and large commercial plumbing and piping systems.
- Prepare calculations for equipment sizing and selection
- Selection of plumbing fixtures
- Generate working drawings which may include Revit or AutoCAD, including schematic system diagrams
- Coordinate designs with architects, owners, engineers, AHJs and other contractors
- Coordinate with field personnel for constructability, serviceability and company specific standards
- Document design parameters including assumptions
- Answer questions related to plumbing design and code requirements
- Conceptualize systems and assist with sales and service issues
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a mechanical engineering discipline and/or a Washington State EIT or PE or other related education
- Experience in Autodesk, Revit MEP Software
- Knowledge to facilitate BIM coordination of projects
- Design knowledge on medical facilities, commercial building and industrial facilities
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in design of commercial plumbing systems
- LEED AP and/or other industry specific certifications
- Familiar with local codes, standard industry practices and common installation techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work on large or small projects
- Works well independently or in a team atmosphere
- Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability set goals, meet deadlines and adapt to new technologies and methodologies
- A highly motivated individual who wants to take pride in one’s work and accept accountability for his/her professionalism and accuracy
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including
- Company-paid Health Insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Health insurance for dependents.
- Paid Vacation/PTO (personal time off)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Comfort Systems USA – Merit Mechanical – Redmond, WA
Comfort System USA – Merit Mechanical is the Pacific Northwest Premier Provider of Choice for HVAC, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Automation Systems. Our technical experts design, install and fine-tune these systems for healthcare, university, hotel, office, retail, manufacturing and other facilities.
To provide the best value HVAC, Plumbing, Mechanical and Automation Systems installation and service, principally in the mid-market commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors, while caring for our customers, employees and the environment and realizing superior returns for our stockholders.
Email contact: email@example.com
Comfort Systems USA – Merit Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.