Position Profile: WSDOT is looking for a seasoned HVAC Technician’s to work out of our Shoreline and/or South Seattle Facilities office. The HVAC technician will be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing and performing preventative maintenance on a variety of building systems. These will include electrical, mechanical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, and on occasion,snow removal. The emphasis of this position will be HVAC system maintenance. If you like a variety of work and have an aptitude for being able to fix HVAC equipment, this may be an opportunity for you!
- Perform journey level HVAC work and sub-journey level trade work in a variety of buildings and system types.
- Plan and execute maintenance, repair and renovation projects.
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints and specifications.
- Present information clearly and communicate effectively both verbally (using a two way radio), and written.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Possess a valid driver license.
- EPA Class 2 Refrigeration license or EPA Universal Refrigeration License.
- EL-6A HVAC/R electrical license, or the ability to obtain one in 6 months..
- At least two years journeyman experience working in the HVAC/Mechanical trade.
- Prior attendance at a Trade School or participation in an accredited Apprenticeship Program.
- Ability to travel on per diem and stay out of town for overnight periods when necessary.
- Experience using a variety of MS Software including Word, Excel, Access, and electronic mail; and be able to read and understand reports and forms from drafts and miscellaneous sources.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds, in man lifts, scissor lifts, and operate a fork lift.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Hot water Boiler license.
- Able to report to duty station with 1 hour.
Note: This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the WFSE, or arrange to pay to that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee’s initial 30 days in this classification.
|Salary:||$4,562.00 – $5,160.00 Monthly
$54,744.00 – $61,920.00 Annually
|Job Type:||Full Time – Permanent|
|Location:||King County – Seattle – N. Seattle, Washington|
|Department:||Dept. of Transportation|