Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven senior mechanical engineer to join our mechanical engineering team.
Rushing is a Seattle based MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing mechanical engineering services. We are looking for a highly-experienced team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, delegate tasks, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the growth of Rushing.
– Support, develop and implement Rushing integrative design process, standards, processes, policy and templates across all disciplines.
– Lead design and coordination efforts for commercial and residential building HVAC and Smoke Control systems as Subject Matter Expert.
– Promote and utilize Rushing software and project management tools: Bluebeam, MS Office, Excel, OneNote, AutoCAD/Revit, LEED Online interface and Asana.
– Ability to recognize design and construction risk and apply appropriate judgement to seek principal support.
– Illustrate clear understanding and accountability for deliverable expectations for various scopes and clients per Rushing quality standards (design assist, full design, design build, public, private).
– Manage client relationships, team members and projects promptly and professionally.
– Mentor and train team members.
– Perform QC of deliverables to ensure consistent project delivery adhering to Rushing standards and codes.
– Perform site observations and create reports.
– Draft proposals/ASRs.
– Strong understanding and demonstration of Rushing core values: professional ethics; informed, expert consulting; courageous transparency; respectful team building and community; curious problem solving; open-minded learning, focused actions; and patient resolve.
– 7+ years’ of work experience with demonstrated technical knowledge.
– WA Professional Engineer license required.
– LEED AP preferred.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The position is full time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mechanical Engineer” in the subject line.