Rushing is seeking an enthusiastic, forward thinking, driven Senior Energy Analyst to join our team.
Rushing is an MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm founded on deep commitment to a multi-disciplinary approach of designing healthy, sustainable buildings. Our passion lies in problem solving, unearthing unexpected solutions, and building longstanding relationships with our clients. Rushing’s holistic, integrative design approach has impacted more than 100 million square feet across more than 1,300 projects. See our website: rushingco.com.
Rushing’s Energy Studio is an established thought leader in high-performance building design and development of local energy codes. Integrative Design is not a check box at Rushing; it’s a fundamental part of the Energy Studio’s culture to work hand in hand with design teams, informing designs early on, introducing innovative strategies, and providing practical approaches to projects.
We are seeking a senior level energy analyst to guide projects in generating energy studies for high performance sustainability targets, code compliance, utility incentives, and green building protocol certifications, such as the Living Building Challenge, Net Zero, LEED, Passive House, etc. This person will not only inform early design direction of projects but will also be a contributor to the vision and growth of Rushing’s Energy Studio. Strong candidates thrive in a results-driven environment with a desire for continued learning and development.
– Drive energy/carbon studies and support an integrative design process on a range of building types including multifamily midrise and high rise, affordable housing, hotels, office, public works and other commercial facilities.
– Collaborate with design team on building and systems design decisions to support project energy targets.
– Coordinate with architects on building envelope thermal performance and completion of building envelope compliance calculations.
– Evaluate and strategize energy related measures for alignment with various green building certification programs including LEED, Living Building Challenge, Net 0 Carbon, Passive House, Built Green and others.
– Be a thought leader in high performance building design across the industry/region.
– Contribute to the vision, development and growth of the Energy Studio.
– Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, architectural engineering or a related field.
– 7+ years’ experience in Energy simulation using eQUEST, IES-Virtual Environment, OpenStudio/EnergyPlus, or similar including experience with quality control processes and verification of model inputs and results.
– Experience developing side-calculations or workarounds for measures that cannot be explicitly modeled in energy modeling tools.
– Verbal, written and visual communication skills, including presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
– Demonstrated success managing client relationships, staff and projects.
– Experience in sustainable design – LFA, CPHC, LEED AP or similar.
– Collaborative approach to problem solving with internal and external team members.
– Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 and IECC energy codes.
– Experience with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, and Revit.
– Experience with Seattle and Washington State energy code and local utility incentives.
– Experience with financial analysis, including life cycle cost, simple payback, ROI, etc.
– Experience with Passive House design principles and/or certification.
– Experience with California Title 24 energy code compliance and modeling, including CBECC-Comm, Energy Pro or IES.
– Established speaker and presenter.
– Strong communication skills, including use of graphics to convey complex information, experience with dashboarding tools, Adobe InDesign, etc.
– Knowledge of building operation, calibrating energy models to match real performance.
– Position is full-time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
2. Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter.pdf” and “Jane Doe resume.pdf”).
3. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with senior energy analyst in the subject line.