Do you enjoy combining your technical knowledge and outside sales skills to help customers and drive results? Are you seeking a career opportunity at a company that values integrity, dedication, respect, team and a solution-oriented culture? Shoemaker Mfg. Co. is seeking a Sales Engineer to assist the sales team in executing team objectives, introduce our product to new markets, and provide technical expertise to internal departments. Shoemaker Mfg. Co. is an equal opportunity employer and provides a positive, energetic environment for motivated team members to thrive and grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- EXECUTE SALES STRATEGY IN A MULTI-STATE AREA AND BE THE TECHNICAL FIELD EXPERT
- Creates, builds and maintains relationships with architects and engineers, contractors, customers, and manufacturer’s representatives.
- Introduces new products into the market
- Represents Shoemaker to technical and industry groups
- Gain acceptance of Shoemaker products with the engineering community
- DEVELOP AND DELIVER TECHNICAL TRAINING
- Creates and delivers technical presentations to engineers, contractors, and customers
- Provides training to manufacturers reps
- Provides training to internal team members
- ALIGN INTERNAL PRODUCT AND PROCESSES
- Manage both product performance testing and data
- Oversee technical documentation of products
- Expedite internal technical processes
- Support Product Development
- Provide design input for web and technical tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of proven sales/sales management experience in technical sales
- Engineering Degree (BSME, BSEE, BSET) preferred
- Familiarity with HVAC industry
- Willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time in order to achieve goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving skills and customer focus.
- Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Self-starter who thrives on driving results and personal accountability.
- Strong technology skills with respect to using personal computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Must reside in the Western United States or be willing to relocate
- Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to travel and sit and stand for intermediate periods of time.
- Requires the ability to sit and operate a personal computer workstation for extended period of time.
Education and Experience:
- Salary DOE plus bonus, exempt FLSA classification. Full benefits package – medical, dental, retirement plan, etc.