Säzän Group is an established MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) consulting engineering firm headquartered in downtown Seattle and with offices in Portland, Oregon, and Tempe, Arizona. Our company is made up of personable individuals who are good at what they do and work hard to create a respectful and pleasant working environment with a commitment to reasonable hours and quality results.
This is a mid- to senior-level design and production role assisting engineering, project management, and other design staff to ensure that production is completed on time and within budget. Incumbents can be specialized in mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing design/production. This role operates under moderate direct supervision and has minimal independent discretion.
· Prepare layouts; provide input for design proposals and drawings; and analyze and resolve design and production issues.
· Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and final construction drawings; determine scale, and prepare layouts for detailing.
· Become familiar with and apply accepted design/drafting methods and concepts, engineering and design principles, terminology, and manufacturing materials.
· Provide recommendations for design adaptations and modifications.
· Under supervision, incorporate decision recommendations; make decisions regarding design suitability using knowledge of specified product materials and production process.
· Stay current on and apply codes; identify alternatives allowed by code exceptions to devise engineering solutions to design challenges.
· Perform mathematical calculations using engineering formulas and analysis tools.
· Participate in project coordination meetings with clients and internal project teams; deliver presentation of project status when appropriate.
· Coordinate as necessary across a variety of building design disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, architectural, and structural.
· Ensure that work is completed on time and within budget.
· Identify and communicate changes to design and/or scope that may impact deadlines, workloads, or assignments of the project and project budget; ensure that the Project Manager/Project Lead is informed immediately of those changes.
· Provide technical support to other staff in area of expertise as a trainer and mentor.
· Where project requirements dictate, determine life cycle costing, construction cost estimating, cost indexing, and project scheduling; develop fee proposals and requests for additional services when appropriate.
· Proactively pursue continued education, training, certifications, and opportunities to network within our industry; stay updated on code changes, industry trends, and technical tools that can be utilized in work.
· Represent the firm in a professional manner, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals; clients should think of you highly enough to request you, specifically, for future work.
· When opportunities arise, promote the opportunity for new work.
· Preferred: a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2-6 years of relevant experience; alternatively, an associate degree in a related discipline with 3-8 years of experience, or no applicable education with 4-10 years of relevant experience; experience should be in a professional engineering environment.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and other specialty-critical software, or the ability to learn those programs quickly.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Strong verbal and written organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to work on multiple projects and/or in multiple project phases simultaneously.
The employee will likely be required to sit at a desk and look at computer monitors for much of the day. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds may also be required. During site visits, it is possible that the employee would be engaged in the following activities:
· Long periods of standing or walking.
· Intensive stair climbing.
· Climbing vertical or freestanding ladders, holding on to the top rung with one hand and lifting a ceiling tile or opening the roof hatch with the other, while carrying flashlights, tools, drawings, a camera, and/or other items.
· Crawling over and under ductwork and piping in very cramped equipment utility rooms and mechanical mezzanines.
· Using tools to open equipment access doors.
· Walking on roofs, catwalks, and over parapets.
· Looking at details at very close or far distances.
· Listening and communicating in a loud environment.
· Using computers or other electronic devices away from a desk.
· Lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Säzän Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Säzän Group participates in E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Type: Full-time