At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup’s Seattle office is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to design building mechanical (HVAC) systems. You will work as an integrated member of multi-disciplinary design teams on a wide variety of project types. Our projects cover a wide range of project types and scales, from small mixed-use developments to high rise towers and central utility plants.
• Design of building HVAC systems, including airside and hydronic system components
• Writing of project reports and specifications
• Coordinating work with clients and other consultants as well as in-house staff from other disciplines
• Engaging with contractors for pre-construction and construction support activity
• Documentation of systems design in Revit MEP
• Engineering analysis work, including load calculations and equipment sizing
• Engineering analysis and energy modeling including whole building energy analysis, façade thermal analysis, and airflow modeling.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural engineering with a sound knowledge of mechanical (HVAC) engineering fundamentals.
• 3-5 years relevant experience
• EIT/FE required, Washington PE preferred (depending on years of experience)
• Experience in sustainable building design – LEED GA or AP BD+C a plus
• BIM experience, Revit preferred
• Experience in energy modelling and load calculations
Desired qualities include:
• Excellent communication skills essential for working with design teams and non-technical clients
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online: https://tas-arupjobs.taleo.net