At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup’s Seattle office is seeking a full time or part time energy modeler/building physics specialist. You will be an integral part of design teams, providing energy and indoor environmental quality analysis to support project decision making for us and our clients. Depending on experience you may also play an active role in the design of building HVAC systems. The position will report to senior project engineers and the mechanical engineering department leader. We are looking for someone with detailed technical analysis skills, and motivation, willingness, and, initiative to take on new challenges.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Whole building energy analysis
- Analysis of passive building system solutions
- Evaluation of airflow, thermal comfort, and air quality
- Data visualization and analytics
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Report writing
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Architectural engineering, Architecture, or related field,
- Understanding of building HVAC, envelope, lighting and other related systems.
- Experience with building energy modeling software such as eQuest, Energy Plus, and/or IES.
- Communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for a fast-paced environment
Desired qualifications include:
- Understanding of fundamentals of underlying building physics surrounding energy analysis, airflow analysis, and thermal comfort.
- Experience with modeling protocols such as ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G, Seattle Energy Code C407, or similar.
- Experience incorporating sustainable design methods in buildings and developing low carbon infrastructure solutions.
- BIM/3D modeling experience (Revit MEP).
- Scripting/programming experience.
- Experience with LEED
- Daylighting experience a plus
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. This position could be full time or part time (21 hours per week or more) with benefits included.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Please apply online: https://tas-arupjobs.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=SEA00001O&lang=en