Ecotope is one of the few engineering firms in the United States implementing market transformation to counteract the climate crisis, and our mission to drive the building industry toward scalable low-carbon solutions powers our passionate staff.
We’re a dynamic team of engineers, scientists, analysts, programmers, and policy leaders. We’re thinkers and tinkerers, creative risk-takers, entrepreneurial in spirit with progressive clients to match. We don’t just stare at the carbon gauge; we provide solutions to move the needle back.
Ecotope’s innovative design and engineering team is responsible for some of the most energy efficient, award-winning buildings in the Pacific Northwest. We’re seeking a smart, collaborative, and experienced mechanical engineer to join our team.
Mechanical Engineer – III
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and Engineering
• Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new multifamily, office, education, and retrofit building types
• Perform engineering calculations to support design work
• Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using AutoCAD and Revit
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including vendors, architects, and contractors
• Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process
• Develop recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
• Delegate work to and review work by junior engineers and drafters
• Collect, assimilate, and manage data for engineering work
• Perform site visits as needed to support design
• Follow Ecotope design standards and procedures
• Develop options for design direction, system selection, energy conservation, and cost savings strategies
• Document project correspondence, issues, decisions, and directions
• Contribute to tasks on multiple projects and timelines concurrently
• Manage workload to deliver assigned projects on time and in budget
• Provide engineering analysis to support proposals and early design efforts
• Define, communicate, and manage scope, design intent, and design process for direct supervisor review
• Understand and adhere to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
• Recognize, define, and resolve problems within assigned area
• Identify uncontracted project scope and help develop additional service requests
• Actively seek to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
• Coordinate with internal and external team members
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• 4-7 years of experience in mechanical design and engineering
• Onsite construction experience desired
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Proficient with Bluebeam and Bluebeam Studio
• 5 years of experience in 2D/3D AutoCAD and/or Revit preferred
• LEED accreditation preferred
• PE or EIT preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
• Must be self-motivated and collaborative
Ecotope, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Ecotope, Inc. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their most enthusiastic, authentic selves to work.