CASE Forensics, a Jensen Hughes Company is in search of a Mechanical Engineer in our Seattle, WA office.
This individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists and architects that consult on a wide variety of engineering issues. The focus for the open position will include mechanical devices or components, controls/processes, HVAC/plumbing systems, fire sprinkler systems, and refrigeration systems.
Forensic engineering is a fast-paced, dynamic and fascinating industry –the ideal candidate has worked in the forensics engineering industry, but we are open to training the right individual. Clients primarily include insurance companies, attorneys, property managers and manufacturers. Candidate must be able to work effectively with the insurance and legal communities. Candidate must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and be capable of simultaneously working multiple assignments. Some travel is required.
Duties will include communicating effectively with other engineers, technicians, managers, clients and administrative staff as well as conducting hands-on failure analysis, planning and executing laboratory tests, composing written test plans, and conducting field investigations and testing. We are looking for an articulate, confident and professional individual who has excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience with performing mechanical and materials failure analysis. The individual in this position will also participate in business development and marketing activities.
Qualifications for this position include:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree with focused thesis/coursework/project experience in MEP/HVACR engineering design and analysis. PhD or MS is a desirable
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in commercial, industrial, construction or manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within project teams with a strong desire to contribute
- Experience with fluid dynamics, 3D modeling, thermal sciences and industrial processes is desirable
- Knowledge of MEP/HVACR equipment, processes and design; experience with construction projects/processes
- Experience with application of codes and standards
- Previous failure analysis / forensic engineering experience is desirable.
We offer a competitive employment package; salary is DOE.