Spees Design Build (SDB) is seeking a full-time Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Seattle. We are eager to find someone to fill a future Leadership/Management Role to help build and expand our Mechanical Engineering Team
SDB is a design-build firm that specializes in providing architecture, engineering, and project management consulting services. We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business with offices in the Pacific Northwest and in the Southeast. Remote work is also an option for certain roles. We work in teams, tackling exciting projects, and enjoy a stimulating and collegial environment.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be part of the dynamic A/E Design team within SDB’s Design-Bid-Build operations. This team is primarily involved in design for various project types within the Veterans Affairs Medical Center systems throughout western United States. The position collaborates with all other design discipline staff and will help build the team’s mechanical engineering design department.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering field is required.
• Followed by 15-20+ years of previous experience within the AEC industry with a consulting engineering or A/E firm.
• Current Professional Engineer (PE) license.
• Licensed in electrical engineering as well is a plus.
• LEED Accreditation is a plus.
• Experience working with federal projects is preferred.
• Healthcare experience is a plus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Engineer of Record
• Candidates must have a solid understanding of HVAC, plumbing and fire sprinkler system designs and commercial systems with applications in a variety of projects to include but not limited to: health care, higher education, data centers, mission critical, and central utility plant experience.
• Project Management
o Responsible for the Communication necessary with all parties to ensure a successful project.
o Responsible for direct and regular interaction with the Client.
o Have a solid understanding of the scope of the work to be performed.
o Coordination and management of the Team and any others involved in the project.
o Ensure the Team has the necessary tools and receives regular and timely information to produce a successful project.
o Main point of contact for the Project.
o Responsible for delivering an end project that satisfies the Client.
• Proven leadership experience and managerial experience are a must.
• Knowledge and experience must include using software such as AutoCAD, REVIT and HVAC load calculation software (TRACE, HAPS, etc.) to perform complex calculations, proficiency in Building and Mechanical Codes and Standards.
• Superior client facing/client relationship/client management skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience using MS Office software family products.
• Leads assigned project teams as they perform their tasks and participation in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management.
• Participate in activities and organizations related to our industry outside of daily business routine, developing peer relationships, technical growth, and business contacts.
• Frequent travel to various VAMC sites for field investigation and construction inspection. Most trips are not more then 2 days. Frequency is about once a month, but could be more. Most travel is in the pacific northwest or west coast.
• As required, employee will need to be able to sitting at a desk and working on a computer for prolonged periods of time
• Able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Spees Design Build offers a comprehensive benefits package including 75% employer paid medical/dental coverage, life insurance, tax-free Health Savings Account, ten paid holidays, paid time off, unpaid leave, performance-based bonuses and a 401(k) matching plan for qualified positions.
It is the employment policy and practice of Spees Design Build to recruit and to hire qualified employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classes protected by applicable law, and to not discriminate with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfers.
To apply for this job please contact Annie Farnbacher (firstname.lastname@example.org)