The Controls Specialist provides the database and information technology network programming skills to support the deployment of Iconics software and advanced building data analytics. Accountabilities include managing and administering Building Performance specific Cloud services and associated servers, databases and software as well as supporting customer IT staff and completing assigned project work. The Systems Integrator is expected to meet hourly budgets and uphold performance standards set by management, and to comply with all company policies, procedures, beliefs and values.
- Develop and maintain SQL server data base.
- Interface with customer IT departments for data base connectivity.
- Install and set-up IT related equipment; switches, routers, computers and security.
- Write new or update existing code for SQL database, XML, Java, VBA, and .NET applications.
- Webpage development.
- Proficient at reading electrical, architectural and control drawings and project documents.
- Be able to interpret project requirements from write-up, scope, specification, system functional capabilities and via direct communication with sales staff or customer.
- Develop and write necessary software to meet project requirements.
- Confirm that electrical systems and equipment operate properly via the control system.
- Perform thorough point testing of all new points, and functionally testing associated systems.
- Identify and communicate any associated points, equipment, and system deficiencies.
- Provide written record of system and component testing on all projects.
- Document, follow-up, and resolve all issues relating to controls and your project.
- Ensure all as-built and record drawings, sketches, and wiring changes are returned to the Building Performance Engineering group.
- Instruct customer or end-user on system operation.
- Establish and maintain relationships within MMFS, including other trades and technicians.
- Promote, maintain and enhance new and existing customer relationships.
- Actively participate in the MacDonald-Miller sponsored education and training program.
- Assist Controls Technicians and Service Technicians with IT network related issues.
- Continually seek proficiency in electronic controls as well as energy conservation programming and access / security control systems.
- Understand, accept and support MacDonald-Miller’s Operating Guidelines, Operational Beliefs and Customer Commitment
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The Controls Specialist requires a person with good written and oral communication skills, and a working knowledge of: Electrical & Mechanical Systems, Building Automation Systems and Controls. Individuals will have demonstrated IT network programming and troubleshooting skills with the ability to use Scheduling Tools such as MS Project, Drafting Tools such as AutoCAD or Visio and Business Tools such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The individual must also demonstrate:
Experience in Microsoft Server software, database design and programming.
Programming expert in SQL, VBA, VB, VB.NET, Jscript.NET, XML, HTML and Java languages.
Ability to develop and maintain secure IP network architecture and administration.
Artistic aptitude in web page development and graphical user interface.
Experience with building automation systems (GE, Rockwell, Wonderware, Enzenics, Siemens, Alerton, Honeywell, Johnson Controls) a plus.
Ability to effectively interact with customers, field personnel, sales, and office staff.
Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
Ability to accurately and calmly handle multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
Ability to consistently set goals and meet deadlines.
Ability to adapt to flexible responsibilities.
Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere.
Pride in one’s work and accept a level of responsibility for his/her professionalism and accuracy.
Qualities of an innovative thinker and team leader.
A positive image of the Company and herself/himself to customers.
Have an excellent attendance record at prior employment.
A valid license and clean driving record.
DESIRED CERTIFICATIONS/EDUCATIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Bachelor Science or Technical Degree or Equivalent Work Experience in Computer Science and Electrical/Mechanical Building Systems.
Microsoft Certified Professional.
Tridium AX certification or equivalent building automation experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The candidate must possess and be adaptable to the following physical abilities and working conditions:
Constant computer use.
Ability to see, hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly.
Coordinate the movement of your eyes, hands, and fingers.
Reach for, handle, use fingers and manipulate objects.
Physical requirements include: standing, bending, and sitting; repetitive motions of hands and wrists.
Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demand.
This is a condensed job description. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties this position may perform.
Please read all pages of this job description. Your resume or application is reviewed prior to setting up a personal interview, so please make sure your resume is up to date. If you do not have a resume, you may fill out an application at the address listed above.
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a non-smoking facility. MacDonald-Miller is also a drug and alcohol free workplace and tests all new hires (subject to and in accordance with union bargaining agreements).
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. This information is kept completely confidential, is obtained only after a candidate is hired, and will not be used to pre-screen any job applicant.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position would perform. All employees of MacDonald-Miller are expected to perform tasks as assigned by MacDonald-Miller supervisory/management personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties.