Please apply using this application link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ou8K9fwf&s=ASHRAE
Sabey Corporation is a 45 year-old privately held Seattle based full-service commercial real estate company with an outstanding reputation. The Company is primarily engaged in data center, office, and industrial property development, construction and operations with ownership in the Pacific Northwest and on the east coast.
Sabey Data Centers is one of the oldest and largest privately-owned multi-tenant data center owner/developer/operators in the world. Being privately-owned may mean that ours is never a household name, but to us, it means a complete focus on building value by serving one customer at a time.
Today, with three million square feet of mission critical space, Sabey Data Centers continues to serve the world’s most exciting enterprises and institutions with customized data center solutions that are efficient, reliable, and quick to market.
Take a closer look at Sabey Data Centers: https://vimeo.com/173798200
This position will be responsible for “hands-on” day-to-day operation of a 24/7 data center that includes administrative office space. The facility incorporates state of the art electrical, mechanical and environmental control systems.
Qualified candidates should be comfortable working in a Data Center environment and must have extensive knowledge and experience with critical electrical systems (UPS, Generator, Switchgear), mechanical systems (RTU, Humidifier, A/C), Fire alarm and suppression systems (Fike, Cheeta) building control systems (SquareD, Tracer Summit, Lenel) and preventative maintenance programs.
This position is responsible for performing high level troubleshooting on electrical / mechanical equipment, building control systems. Performs a variety of activities including vendor management, quality control and documentation.
The person in this position must be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex system failures, coordinate installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and mechanical systems, building control systems, data / voice systems, scheduling, AutoCAD updates, and project management. Install various types of computer equipment and peripheral devices. The person in this position must have knowledge of the security requirements for a secure Data Center environment and communications installations. The individual will be a self-starter and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Develop and maintain project work plans, estimates, and schedules for small to large projects and/or multiple concurrent projects.
- Train technicians and engineer 1 on areas of specialty and primary responsibilities
- Develop training materials for engineer 1 and technician responsibilities
- Manage and document facilities work orders and customer service requests.
- Manage vendor activities, monitor progress to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Provide support for a variety of projects within the Data Center.
- Interact with Data Center Management, Property Management, and Vendor management on project efforts
- Develop and maintain operational process, procedures and as-built drawings.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing as required for customer interaction
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on general facilities equipment.
- Manage and administrate building control systems.
- Develop preventative maintenance programs, schedules, work instructions, SOP’s and operational procedures.
Oversee engineering budgets
- Any other projects as assigned
Ability to maneuver 50+ pounds
Ability to respond promptly to on-call pages
Ability to communicate with all levels of Sabey employees, contractors, and vendors
Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
High School Diploma or GED required
6 years of experience as a technician, engineer, or related role; or a 4-year degree in a directly related field
Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD
General facility maintenance and operation skills
Experience with building controls, electrical & UPS systems
Advanced Knowledge of the English Language – Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal comprehension and expression
Advanced project management skills – must be able to generate plans, estimates and schedules for all assigned projects
Client relationship skills – must be able to build and manage relationships with vendors and contractors
Sabey offers highly competitive wages based on education and work experience. We also offer a competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, voluntary vision, short term disability, life insurance and paid time off. This is an exempt position located at the Company’s headquarters in south Seattle.