Notkin Mechanical Engineers is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team in downtown Seattle. We are a mid-sized, consulting mechanical design engineering firm with a rich history of involvement with landmark local projects for over sixty years. We’ve had a hand in everything from MoPOP and The Museum of Glass, state-of-the-art hospitals and colleges, to large waterfront infrastructure systems. Working for Notkin, you will get experience with a variety of projects that few other firms can match. Notkin encourages engineers to develop their interests in our variety of practice specialties.
You are, above all, an engineer. You appreciate a challenge, enjoy collaborating with bright and supportive peers, and use your strong engineering judgement to determine the appropriate path forward. You flourish in a firm culture where curiosity and following your M.E. interests within the work we do are actively encouraged.
You have 10+ years of HVAC-specific experience as a Mechanical Engineer, you’re a licensed P.E., and you know your stuff.
ABOUT THE WORK:
As a Project Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and coordination of HVAC, Plumbing and Piping systems from concept through project close-out. You will be the primary contact for the client on design related non-contractual issues. You’ll be working closely with our Project Managers to staff projects and to ensure deadlines are met and work is complete. Other related duties include:
- Develop complete system solutions with supporting calculations
- Select equipment and provide layouts
- Coordinate production of CAD drawings
- Edit specifications for project-specific requirements
- Perform construction administration
- Ensure compliance with codes, industry standards and guidelines
- Write reports and other forms of correspondence
- Coordinate the mechanical design work with other disciplines
- May supervise or review the work of other Notkin design professionals working on the project
- Represent Notkin at owner/client meetings and keep meeting notes
- Responsible for quality control of project
- May participate in presentations of technical approach for interviews and team project meetings
- May require travel out of state or within state to visit work sites
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) License
- 10+ years of recent hands-on experience in the design and selection of HVAC and/or plumbing systems
- Knowledge and understanding of building codes, industry standards and practices
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to clients and design engineers
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Notkin offers competitive pay and robust benefits, including partially-paid dependent health premiums, 401(k) match, paid time off, and more. For more information please see our web site: www.notkin.com
Notkin Mechanical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.