COMPANY: Ecotope Inc., www.ecotope.com
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
JOB TITLE: Project Manager, Policy and Planning Team
JOB TYPE: Full Time Employee
AVAILABLE: TBD 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Ecotope is a mission-driven firm with more than 40 years’ experience in energy efficiency consulting, research, and mechanical engineering. Ecotope dramatically reduces energy use in buildings and communities by providing a comprehensive range of services from technical research on energy use in buildings to energy policy research and cutting edge engineering design. Our Research and Technology Team provides fundamental science and engineering expertise to build the Northwest’s energy efficiency power plant. Our Policy and Planning Team develops and evaluates energy codes, conducts small and large-scale building stock assessments, and provides technical support and energy planning services to local governments and regional energy efficiency organizations in support of energy and climate action goals. Our award-winning Engineering and Design Team provides full service HVAC and plumbing design. Ecotope accelerates energy reduction goals by delivering cost-effective, low energy buildings that meet 2050 climate action planning goals today.
This position will manage research, evaluation, and program implementation for the Policy and Planning Team. The position will also work on cross-functional teams with other Ecotope teams on projects such as field metering and facility audits and retrofits. The position will be located at Ecotope’s Seattle, WA office. Some travel throughout the Northwest or beyond may be required.
It is critical that the Project Manager be an entrepreneurial self-starter, with a wide range of technical, management, and people skills, and an ability to take advantage of new opportunities while staying targeted on achieving core project goals, and getting the job done. The ability to work independently and manage multiple schedules with minimal supervision is critical. The Project Manager must also have a passion for energy efficiency as a resource and a keen desire to help evolve the capacity and effectiveness of Ecotope’s Policy and Planning Team.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to successfully perform all of the listed job responsibilities. Duties include:
- Manage research, evaluation, and program implementation projects with a heavy emphasis on field data collection.
- Design, plan, manage, and implement fieldwork.
- Work as an integral element of a dynamic, and well-honed team of analytical and field staff to ensure the collection of best-in-class, research-grade data.
- Develop stakeholder engagement plans.
- Develop project communication plans.
- Coordinate field recruiting efforts.
- Liaison with clients, vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate workflow and scheduling across a portfolio of contracts.
- Lead and win business development pursuits.
- Directly support Director of Policy and Planning with team operations and planning.
- Coordinate the implementation of various internal team initiatives.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in environmental/public policy, engineering, sustainable business, or other relevant field such as energy policy or resource conservation.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management and building energy efficiency related research and field management.
- Experience building field teams for onsite data collection efforts, including recruiting/scheduling, energy audits, and data QC.
- Experience managing and conducting energy audits on commercial and residential buildings, including development of data collection forms/protocols.
- Proven organizational skills, project management experience, and a successful business development track record.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects, and prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Balance of technical and big picture understanding of energy efficiency as a resource.
- Detail oriented personality, ability to organize technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of team members and stakeholders representing different backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives.
- Public communication and outreach skills (written, verbal, public speaking, social media, press relations).
- Stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills.
- Entrepreneurial, business leadership, and business development skills.
- Passionate, driven, and thoughtful nature and an ability to be flexible and add value in a fast-paced, high-energy group.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, holistic thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience and/or ability to work across virtual teams and with remote management.
- Proficiency with MS O365/Office Suite; working knowledge of project management and enterprise resource planning software, experience with Smartsheet and/or Ajera a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Ecotope offers an informal and comfortable work place. We promote creativity while also expecting efficient and effective project execution. We strive to manage our work load to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Individual employees are expected to demonstrate a high level independence and responsibility for their work within our collaborative work environment.
The compensation package offered for this position will depend on the scope of the final job responsibilities & the candidate’s experience. Ecotope offers its permanent employees a benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, SIMPLE IRA with matching contribution, , and starting three weeks annual personal time off (including vacation and sick leave).
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Submit one (1) PDF file containing:
- Cover letter.
- Email PDF file to email@example.com with “Policy Project Manager” as the subject line.
Ecotope Inc. Job Opening – Posted March 28, 2017