- Responsible for building relationships and communicating Gensco’s commercial product line card with professional engineering firms.
- Work to increase Gensco’s sales of applied commercial products and assist in building Gensco’s reputation as a supplier of choice within the commercial market.
Duties and Responsibilities: (may perform one or more of the following)
Plan and Spec
- Develop relationships with 20-25 Architects and Engineers to get them to specify Gensco’s applied commercial products.
- Educate Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Owners about Gensco’s applied commercial products.
- Identify commercial jobs and get Gensco’s commercial products approved and specified by the Engineer.
- Recommend products that decrease costs and/or increase efficiency (provide value engineering options).
Design Build Account Management
- Provide design assistance to assigned mechanical contractors.
- Recommend products that decrease costs and/or increase efficiency.
- Maintain existing account list with the territory (10-15 accounts)
- Manage multiple projects while meeting all deadlines 100% of the time.
- Make regular sales calls on assigned accounts and build positive relationships with customers.
- Communicate new product offerings and product updates to customers.
- Communicate competitive information to appropriate Gensco departments to ensure action can be taken.
- Communicate lead times when Gensco has lead time advantages (Shoemaker)
- Review engineering plans and specifications to provide appropriate product selections.
- Utilize manufacturer software for product selection and sizing.
- Request special pricing and product selection support from Suppliers.
- Assist Commercial Sales Quoting team in the creation of submittal package for ordered projects.
- Provide feedback to the Commercial Sales Manager on product pricing, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Gain industry knowledge and product expertise through corporate training, field experience and self-motivated learning.
- Track local pricing trends and communicate to Commercial Sales Manager to coordinate pricing strategies to increase sales.
- 4 year college degree required, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Construction.
- 3+ years outside sales experience within the HVAC industry preferred.
- Prior engineering consulting experience.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service and maintain confidentiality.
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, and use time efficiently.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency for deadlines.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Manages existing customer relationships and is able to increase bid opportunities with those existing customers.
- Able to work alone and in teams.
- Possesses excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage details and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy in a multi-task environment.
- Customer service-oriented approach, responds to requests with a sense of urgency.
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately.
- Willing to “think out of the box” and identify process improvement opportunities.
Reports to: Commercial Sales Manager
- This is an administrative position, exempt from overtime compensation.
- Eligible for Team Member benefits described in Team Member Handbook.
- Total compensation will be commensurate with job performance.