GENSCO POSITION DESCRIPTION
ü Responsible for building relationships and communicating Gensco’s commercial product line card with professional engineering firms.
ü Work to increase Gensco’s sales of applied commercial products and assist in building Gensco’s reputation as a supplier of choice within the commercial market.
Duties and Responsibilities: (may perform one or more of the following)
- 1. Plan and Spec
- Develop relationships with 20-25 Architects and Engineers to get them to specify Gensco’s applied commercial products.
- Educate Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Owners about Gensco’s applied commercial products.
- Identify commercial jobs and get Gensco’s commercial products approved and specified by the Engineer.
- Recommend products that decrease costs and/or increase efficiency (provide value engineering options).
- 2. Design Build Account Management
- Provide design assistance to assigned mechanical contractors.
- Recommend products that decrease costs and/or increase efficiency.
- Maintain existing account list with the territory (10-15 accounts)
- Manage multiple projects while meeting all deadlines 100% of the time.
- Make regular sales calls on assigned accounts and build positive relationships with customers.
- Communicate new product offerings and product updates to customers.
- Communicate competitive information to appropriate Gensco departments to ensure action can be taken.
- Communicate lead times when Gensco has lead time advantages (Shoemaker)
- Review engineering plans and specifications to provide appropriate product selections.
- Utilize manufacturer software for product selection and sizing.
- Request special pricing and product selection support from Suppliers.
- Assist Commercial Sales Quoting team in the creation of submittal package for ordered projects.
- Provide feedback to the Commercial Sales Manager on product pricing, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Gain industry knowledge and product expertise through corporate training, field experience and self-motivated learning.
- Track local pricing trends and communicate to Commercial Sales Manager to coordinate pricing strategies to increase sales.
- 4 year college degree required, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Construction.
- 3+ years outside sales experience within the HVAC industry preferred.