The webinar will cover the HVAC provisions of the Seattle and Washington state energy codes for “commercial buildings,” highlighting requirements that are new to this year’s code and the differences between the Seattle and State codes. (“Commercial buildings” include multifamily buildings taller than 3 stories.)
Discussion topics will include the Total System Performance Ratio (TSPR), data center standards, restrictions on fossil fuel and electric resistance heating, balanced ventilation, DOAS, energy recovery, HVAC system alterations, and more.
Duane Jonlin, FAIA, will explain the code requirements, and special guest Ben Roush of FSI Engineers will demonstrate design options. Q&A time will follow.
- Reduce energy use and carbon emissions through optimal HVAC design
- Identify significant new HVAC-related code provisions
- Make code-compliant system selections
- Identify where heat pump systems are required
- Correctly apply code requirements to alterations of HVAC systems