**Day 2 of this 4-day course. Each day has a seperate registration**Energy efficient commercial HPWH systems for the multifamily and commercial sector are gaining traction. This session dives deep into the science, technology, design and implementation of successful CHPWH systems. In addition to presenting available products, identifying key design challenges and exploring the fundamental concepts related to how these efficient systems interact with other building systems, this session will highlight essential maintenance practices, important control considerations and successful case studies.
Audience: This class is intended for engineers, architects, designers, building facility managers, and maintenance personnel.
- Review of state and local policies that encourage or require all-electric domestic water heating systems
- Gain an understanding of the economics of heat pump water heating systems and how they compare with traditional gas and electric resistance water heating systems (considering both first costs and operational costs)
- Understand the advantages of heat pump water heater systems for various building types
- Analyze key system configurations and design considerations
- Become familiar with Ecotope’s sizing tool, Ecosizer 1
- Learn about available equipment packages and the implementation process
- Review maintenance routines that ensure optimal system performance
Colin Grist, PE | Ecotope
Colin Grist primarily specializes in heat pump water heating systems. He has designed and commissioned over a dozen successful systems from multiple vendors. Colin also works on all other facets of mechanical and plumbing system design. He performs building analysis, load calculations, energy modeling, and HVAC engineering design using tools such as AutoCAD, Revit, and eQUEST. On site, Colin works closely with clients on commissioning, construction administration, and energy audits of new and existing buildings. Colin leads the central heat pump water heating engineering team at Ecotope, Inc., and serves as instructor on behalf of D+R LEARN..