The Puget Sound chapter of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) invites students enrolled at the University of Washington (UW), North Seattle College (NSC), and Shoreline Community College (SCC) to apply for the Puget Sound ASHRAE scholarship. Students of other HVAC programs or programs of ASHRAE related industries in the Puget Sound area are also welcome to apply.
The scholarships will be applied toward tuition at the recipient’s respective school. The scholarship funds will go directly to the school and will be credited to the student’s name for Summer or Fall academic quarter/semester of 2018.
Applicants must be enrolled in one of the programs listed below or related for the Summer of Fall 2018 academic quarters to receive an award.
- UW students must be registered full time in the College of Engineering or College of Built Environments.
- NSC students must be registered in the HVAC program.
- SCC students must be registered in the Clean Energy Technology Program.
- Students enrolled in schools other than above must be registered in Engineering Program or equivalent of above.
Future students (individuals who have been accepted into one of the above programs for the Winter 2018 academic quarter/semester) are eligible to apply. Students graduating in Fall of 2017 who will not be enrolled for the Winter 2018 academic quarter/semester are not eligible to apply.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Academic transcripts
- Essay responses
- Preference will be given to ASHRAE Student Members (just $21 to register for the year).
Puget Sound ASHRAE will select the award recipients from applications received. Puget Sound ASHRAE is not obligated to award scholarships to students from each school applying.
Apply by December 1st, 2017 to be considered for the Winter 2018 award.
Completed scholarship applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Download the attachments: File – Download as – Microsoft Word