Notkin Mechanical Engineers is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team in downtown Seattle. We are a mid-sized, consulting mechanical design engineering firm with a rich, local history full of involvement in landmark projects for over sixty years. Today, Notkin’s work spans the Pacific Northwest, as well as Alaska, California, and Hawaii.
We employ outstanding people who are committed to excellence. We offer competitive pay plus robust benefits, including partially-paid dependent health premiums, 401(k) match, paid time off, and more. For more information please see our web site: www.notkin.com.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the design and coordination of HVAC, Plumbing and Piping systems from concept through project close-out; act as primary contact for the client on design related non-contractual issues; and works closely with Project Managers to staff projects and to ensure deadlines are met and work is complete. Other related duties include:
- Perform engineering calculations
- Select equipment and provide layout
- Prepare Opinion of Probable Construction Cost
- Coordinate production of CAD drawings; review drawings and verify drawings are accurate
- Edit specifications for project specific requirements
- Respond to bidding phase issues, including addendums
- Review submittals (e.g., equipment/product, TAB reports and O&M manuals) and shop drawings for compliance with contract documents
- Conduct construction site visits and write observation reports
- Respond to RFI’s
- Review change order proposals
- Provide project close-out services
- Ensure compliance with codes, industry standards and guidelines
- Write reports and other forms of correspondence (e.g., letters, memos, meeting notes, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project information, including calculations, in project binder
- Coordinate the mechanical design work with other disciplines i.e., civil, structural, electrical, acoustical, etc.
- Report project status regularly to the Project Manager (e.g., scope creep, staffing requirements, schedule issues, etc.)
- May supervise or review the work of other Notkin design professionals working on the project to confirm design intent is progressing; assign and schedule work; establish project priorities
- Represent Notkin at owner/client meetings and keep meeting notes
- Responsible for quality control of project prior to submitting it for final quality control review by firm technical leader.
- May participate in presentations of technical approach for interviews and team project meetings
- May require travel out of state or within state to visit work sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) License
- Minimum of 5 years of recent hands-on experience in the design and selection of mechanical equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of building codes, industry standards and practices
- Good communication skills; both verbal and written; ability to effectively communicate technical information with clients and design engineers
- Ability to handle multiple priorities well
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient computer skills
Please direct resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notkin Mechanical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.