For full description and to apply to the position please visit: www.portseattle.org/jobs
Provide professional engineering support to grow and maintain complex mechanical infrastructure at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review and advise on large capital and infrastructure project design and system evaluation including quality assurance and conformity to our systems and standards.
- Provide oversight and direction for maintenance on the installation, troubleshooting, replacement and operation of Infrastructure systems and equipment.
- Actively participate in commissioning and acceptance testing for large systems.
- Develop project scope for asset renewal and replacement. Coordinate asset renewal and replacement plan with long term Airport Master Plan.
- Coordinate research and make recommendations for new technologies and innovations applicable to Airport infrastructure.
- Assist in presentations to management, Commission and Executive of major modifications and upgrades needed on infrastructure systems to satisfy changes and growth at the airport.
- Develop and maintain airport mechanical standards and procedures with respect to equipment, systems and installation.
- Develop and oversee scopes, budgets, and schedules for department sponsored infrastructure capital and expense projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge and skills to develop, review, and model mechanical infrastructure systems.
- Expert knowledge of system design, principles, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations in addition to airport standards and regulations (i.e. F&I, fire, water, wastewater, building, etc.).
- Knowledge and skills to develop solutions to failed infrastructure, process and procedures.
- Knowledge of project management and construction principles, practices, and procedures, including cost estimating, budget, and schedules. Advanced skills to develop and improve process for operation of equipment and infrastructure.
- Effective leadership skills to mentor and advise engineering and architectural staff, including supervisory duties.
- Ability to review and implement project plans and specifications applying to future infrastructure and system improvement.
- The ability to coordinate, educate, lead, and direct project managers, maintenance, operation, and other aviation groups in development of airport infrastructure projects.
Combination of education and experience demonstrative knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field;
- Ten (10) years of experience in mechanical infrastructure planning, design, integration, modeling, maintenance, construction, testing/commissioning, activation, project management, scheduling and budgeting; and
- Professional Engineers license.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering; and
- Fifteen (15) years in advanced airport facility experience.