Mechanical Engineer-GSA, PBS https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567103200
GSA is one of the most desired workplaces in the government. Our employees consistently rate us as one of the top ten Government agencies in factors such as employee satisfaction. Why?
Mission: We help agencies buy smarter, reduce their real estate footprint, and create a better, faster government. At GSA, you can be a part of a team that’s at the forefront of initiatives that shape where and how the government does work.
Innovation: Innovation is our primary business driver, and we get to have fun doing it! At GSA, we test-drive our own solutions before bringing them to other federal agencies. From measuring our carbon footprint, electronics stewardship, and innovative building technologies to our electronic vehicle and clean energy programs, our workforce and business are all about making positive changes for the future.
Summary: Serves as the Mechanical Engineering Program Manager for GSA’s Region 10 and as the regional mechanical engineering subject matter expert.
Location of position: Public Buildings Service, A/E Services Branch, in Auburn, WA.
• Acts as the engineering program manager for the development, coordination and implementation of the regional program. Reviews conditions of existing Federally owned properties and makes recommendations as to best value improvements throughout the R10 Portfolio.
• Evaluates or checks the designs of consulting engineers for extensive and complex systems where issues of reliability and serviceability are critical.
• Coordinates mechanical changes with other construction features. Prepares documentation to justify changes and assesses impact on project costs and schedules. Provides expert consultation for the development, implementation, building commissioning, and operation of facilities from project conceptualization to operation.
• Prepares statements of scope and detailed instructions for consulting engineers. Prepares or checks reports, recommendations, engineering assumptions, calculations, and estimates for mechanical and associated engineering portions of projects. Visits construction sites to assure compliance with contract and commissioning provisions. Recommends acceptance or rejection of work. Writes mechanical portions of contract scopes, interviews A/E’s, and assists in fee negotiations.
• Directs the preparation/evaluation of studies on a broad spectrum of mechanical systems and subsequent design. Evaluates system failures; analyzes causes and legal ramifications resulting from these failures.
• Serves as mechanical engineering representative at pre-construction conferences and represents Division on engineering issues where specific discipline knowledge is not required. Serves as consultant and adviser to other departments within GSA and agencies outside of GSA.
For additional information or to apply