May 18, 2015 | Posted in Jobs | By PS Administrator
As the HVAC Maintenance Mechanic 3 in our Shoreline Facilities office, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing and performing preventative maintenance on a variety of building systems. These are to include
electrical, structural, exterior, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, and as needed snow removal. The emphasis of this position will be HVAC system maintenance.
To be successful our top candidate must be able to safely operate power tools, tractors, ladder systems and fall restraint systems. This position will sometimes be exposed to hazardous conditions such as elevations, confined spaces, a variety of temperatures, high noise levels and vibrations.
The schedule for this position is Monday – Thursday, 4/10’s with occasional overtime for emergency situations. There may be times when staff needs to travel around the region and stay overnight to perform preventative maintenance and or repairs or replace equipment.
This position will perform the following work:
- Perform journey level HVAC work and sub-journey level trade work in a variety of buildings and system types.
- Plan and execute maintenance, repair and renovation projects.
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints and specifications.
- Present information clearly and communicate effectively both verbally (using a two way radio), and written.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Possess a valid driver license.
- EPA Class 2 Refrigeration license or EPA Universal Refrigeration License.
- EL-06 Limited Energy electrical license.
- At least four years journeyman experience working in the HVAC/Mechanical trade.
- Prior attendance at a Trade School or participation in an accredited Apprenticeship Program.
- Ability to travel on per diem and stay out of town for overnight periods when necessary.
- Experience using a variety of MS Software including Word, Excel, Access, and electronic mail; and be able to read and understand reports and forms from drafts and miscellaneous sources.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds, in man lifts, scissor lifts, and operate a fork lift.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Grade 2 or 3 Steam Boiler license.
- Able to report to duty station with 1 hour.
Note: This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the WFSE, or arrange to pay to that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee’s initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State’s automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position
, please contact Phyllis Gratis
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference recruitment number 2015-NWR-049.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Recruitment and Retention Section, Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7996 or email at email@example.com.