The webinar will cover the building envelope provisions of the Seattle and Washington state energy codes for “commercial buildings,” highlighting requirements that are new to this year’s code and the differences between the Seattle and state codes. (“Commercial buildings” include multifamily buildings taller than 3 stories.)
Discussion topics will include maximum fenestration area, concrete balconies, vestibule requirements, air leakage testing, C406 credits, envelope alterations, and more.
Duane Jonlin, FAIA, will explain the code requirements, while special guests Denali Jones and Jason Acosta of RDH, and Graham Wright of Passive House Institute US. will discuss design concepts for compliance. Q&A time to follow.
- Reduce energy use and carbon emissions through optimal envelope design
- Identify significant new envelope-related code provisions
- Understand thermal bridging and envelope trade-off options
- Choose between envelope improvements and HVAC improvements for multifamily
- Correctly apply code requirements to envelope alterations
- Ensure air leakage control solutions are effective