The sky is the limit at Burns & McDonnell, where we welcome fearless dreamers.
We encourage our employee-owners to take initiative and work hard, individually and together. Making our clients successful is the first step to our success — that’s the mission we’ve served since 1898. Our team is growing rapidly, with nearly 5,000 professionals from a wide range of disciplines working in more than 30 offices across the nation and around the world. We do significant work that matters, every day, for our clients and for our communities.
We couldn’t be a global leader in engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting solutions without the commitment of our employee-owners. If you have the talent and dedication, Burns & McDonnell has the opportunities to live your dreams. For more information about Burns & McDonnell, visit www.burnsmcd.com
Burns & McDonnell’s Seattle office is seeking a Project Manager – Commissioning to oversee commissioning, retro-commissioning and energy-related services for complex buildings and systems in the mission critical, healthcare, laboratory, aviation, manufacturing, higher education, commercial building, water & waste water and onsite energy markets.
The Project Manager-Commissioning will be part of an expending National Commissioning Practice and will be responsible for client satisfaction, management of project team members, project execution, and business development.
- Direct and coordinate activities of several disciplines on projects of moderate scope or a combination of smaller projects with internal and external clients.
- Oversee proposal development for project pursuits. Will initiate or assist in contract negotiations or preparation.
- Assist in the direction of project planning, budgeting and also in establishing critical project objectives.
- Will have strong ties to the Seattle, WA regional market.
- Work closely with the National Director of Commissioning and other key commissioning leaders in the successful growth of the Burns & McDonnell commissioning practice.
- Develop and refine methodologies, tools, and standards in support of an evolving commissioning practice.
- Manage project resources and subcontractors.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans, testing and reporting.
- Provide inspirational leadership by attracting, retaining, motivating and developing high caliber, multi-discipline talent.
- Collaborate with the National Director, other Commissioning Managers, marketing staff and other Global Practices to identify and analyze business development opportunities that are strategically aligned with the Company’s objectives.
- Identify target clients for Burns & McDonnell and cultivate effective relationships with existing and potential key clients, customers and contractors to develop business.
Pursuit strategy, capture plan development, go/no-go decisions in order to pre-sell projects before RFP release.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of commissioning, retro-commissioning, energy consulting or related experience in a variety of facility systems and subsystems including controls, mechanical, electrical, life safety and building envelope systems. A minimum of 3 years of experience managing engineering projects.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required however a combination of equivalent experience and training may be considered. Certified Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) is a differentiator.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Advanced knowledge in building commissioning, retro-commissioning and/or energy related projects.
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage workplans, schedules and budgets and provide leadership to a diverse project team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to obtain US government security clearance.
- Advanced knowledge of site safety procedures, including electrical safety
- Experience in ASHRAE level energy audits. Experience developing energy savings calculations from retro-fits and energy measures from retro-commissioning.
- Advanced knowledge in combined heat and power/cogeneration, central utility plants, datacenters, healthcare facilities, laboratories, water/wastewater facilities,controls, building envelope, TAB, NETA electrical testing, renewable energy and other specialties.
- Certification in the Commissioning Process, as an Energy Manager, or LEED Accreditation a plus.
Professional Registration preferred.
Applicants can send resumes to: email@example.com or apply directly to https://burnsmcdonn.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=142176&lang=en#.VNT2377IoJU.email