At DB, we strive to evolve to help our clients and the world, Do Better. Our team of skilled and talented engineers work closely with our clients, helping them address challenges related to Sustainability and Digital Transformation. There has never been a time when the need for combined mechanical, electrical and data engineering talent has been greater. Our ability to combine these fundamental engineering principles and skills provides the necessary foundation to develop the holistic strategies, tools and outcomes needed to achieve success when addressing the challenges our clients and the world are facing.
Sustainability efforts force the recognition of the environmental, economic, and social impact a business and its processes have and provides context for a roadmap for improvement. Our associates share a keen interest in optimization, new technologies, reducing the impact of carbon on our environment and by doing so in the most economically feasible way, while providing people with healthy and equitable ways to live, work and play.
Check out our website and company video: dbengineering.net.
What our employees say about DB
• we actually “walk the walk”
• “motivating customers to act on the data”
• “seek high-quality engineers who are always asking ‘what else?’”
• “creating skilled engineers and not ‘widgets’”
• “What initially struck me about this company was the “startup” feeling where every project is an opportunity to learn something you didn’t know before”
The Commissioning Engineer will perform engineering duties in-house and on customer sites to accomplish the commissioning and testing of building systems. We are looking for an individual that shares our company vision and can function independently, solve problems, collaborate with others and manage multiple assignments.
Responsibilities Perform the following:
• Support efforts as guided by the Commissioning Manager
• Provide commissioning review of design documents
• Develop, coordinate, and execute commissioning plan and test scripts
• Verification of MEP system installation
• Conduct system functional testing
• Manipulate controls system and/or coordinate with control contractor to execute testing
• Provide construction and commissioning administration
• Prepare reports for site investigation and commissioning, including quarterly reports that track building performance in the first year after initial commissioning
• Interface with Owners, Contractors and Consultants
• Project management duties to identify, track and resolve issues
• Review Operation and Maintenance Manuals
• Review training agenda and as-built documents
• Facilitate owner and facility manager training
• Provide existing building HVAC systems analysis. Employ a holistic approach to system evaluation, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and recommend solutions and optimization.
• Willing to pursue ANSI accredited commissioning credential within 1 year of hire.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical or commissioning years of experience
• 1 – 15 years of experience as a Commissioning Engineer and/or Commissioning Authority
• Nationally recognized (ANSI accredited) commissioning certification is preferred.
• P.E. license preferred
• Travel on occasion depending on project needs and employee’s desires
• LEED A.P. preferred but not required
• Excellent understanding of Engineering Fundamentals
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving aptitude
• On the job experience troubleshooting commercial mechanical, electrical and control systems
• Working knowledge and manipulation of control systems and sequence of operations for the Commissioning Authority position
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Flexibility to manage multiple tasks and meet schedule deadlines
• Professional attitude and commitment to high quality work
• Ability to interact effectively with others in a team environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Bluebeam software.
• Adaptability to learn new platforms and ways to manipulate and access data and recognizing patterns for rule creation
• Proficient in Excel (pivot charts, data normalization, basic calculations, charts/graphs)
• Familiar and/or a proficiency in: PowerBI, SQL, DBA, Python
o Create dashboards to convey data
o Manipulate data in SQL is helpful but not required
o Programming in Python is helpful but not required
• As part of the interview process, candidate may be given an exercise to assess skill sets in mechanical systems analysis and troubleshooting
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience and location. dependent on position, experience, and location. Benefits include Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K with 4% company match, an innovative and flexible self-directed vacation policy and a company cell phone plan. Candidate must be a US citizen or have a H1B Visa. Candidate will be subject to a background check.
For more information about the job, please contact Keith Bickford at email@example.com