Are you looking for a change? Tired of your dreadful daily commute? AMC Engineers is seeking a licensed mechanical engineer to join our growing Bellingham office.
AMC Engineers is seeking a licensed mechanical engineer to join our dynamic team and help grow our Bellingham office. Applicant will work as a member of the design team on numerous commercial and institutional vertical design projects. Advancement opportunities are unlimited!
At AMC Engineers, people are our ultimate focus. We strive to design safe, comfortable and maintainable high-performance building systems for a wide range of facilities, each with specific (and often unique) design challenges. Founded in 1981, AMC Engineers is an employee-owned company staffed by 24 professionals including 14 licensed mechanical and electrical engineers. In 2016, AMC Engineers expanded from our home office in Anchorage, AK to include Bellingham, WA. Since opening, we have seen steady growth in the Bellingham area as we develop new relationships within the northwest Washington A/E community.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA, plus appropriate continuing education.
• Washington State Professional Engineer License
• 4-6 years’ experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer
• Valid Driver License and acceptable driving record
• Ability to successfully pass background check
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates design phasing of the engineering work as part of a major project or for a total project of moderate scope.
• Performs work which involves conventional mechanical engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and/or difficult coordination requirements.
• Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in mechanical engineering as well as good knowledge of related specialties.
• Maintains proficiency with applicable changing Codes and Standards, and keeps current with industry practices through a regular program of home study, magazine subscriptions, etc.
• The ability to work on multiple projects with differing design expectations simultaneously.
• Able to provide clear documentation and organization of own work and fully coordinate with the work of others assisting on projects. When assigned to perform as Project Manager, coordinates all information relevant to the project for all disciplines in a timely manner.
• Writes coherent, literate reports, letters and other documents.
• Networks with peers (clients) on a professional and personal level to market the company and obtain new work.
• Maintains membership and attends meetings with at least one professional organization.
• Maintains proficiency at using Computer Software such as word processing, spreadsheets, Revit, AutoCAD and other software customarily found in an engineering environment.
• Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
• Maintains physical and mental fitness in accordance with Company Standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Professional, personable, outgoing and highly self-motivated, as well as technically competent
• Goal oriented for work within a team building environment
• Strong communication skills with owners, architects, subcontractors, suppliers & office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Submit resume via e-mail or uploaded to http://amc-engineers.com/careers/.
AMC Engineers is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer