Job Title: Advisor, Environmental Health and Safety.
Job Location: Auburn, WA
What EH&S contributes to Cardinal Health
EH&S is responsible for designing, developing and implementing EH&S procedures, programs, processes, and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements and to eliminate or minimize EH&S risks to the Company, its employees, the environment and the communities in which it does business.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge, understanding and application of environment, health and safety and workers’ compensation laws and regulations and translates them into actionable processes, programs and practices.
- Drives the understanding and implementation of the Cardinal Health EH&S management system.
- Provides managerial support and subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate EH&S systems and resources are in place.
- Designs, develops and implements procedures, programs, processes and systems that ensure EH&S compliance, and enhance EH&S performance.
- Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge in the area of hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
- Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives in order to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate the associated risks.
- Develop and maintain all EH&S processes, documentation and systems related to the facility.
- Manage the facility’s local Security program by adhering to company Security requirements while providing alarm response support.
- Advise and counsel facility management on a broad range of EH&S issues while providing technical support on regulatory requirements, permitting, recordkeeping, reporting, etc.
- Facilitate the site EH&S committee and subcommittees.
- Facilitate the site Security committee and maintain physical/virtual security systems
- Develop, implement and ensure maintenance of company standards and facility-specific EH&S policies, programs and procedures.
- Drive the understanding and implementation of the Cardinal Health EHS Management System.
- Review all proposed facility process, layout and equipment changes; make necessary recommendations to facility management to minimize adverse EH&S impacts.
- Develop (where necessary) and conduct employee EH&S training to all levels of the workforce.
- Serve as main contact/liaison between facility, corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Participate in investigation of all injuries, illnesses and environmental releases; utilizing root cause analysis tools ensure appropriate corrective actions are created, completed and documented in a timely manner.
- Lead facility staff in completion of facility EH&S risk assessment addressing all physical and environmental concerns (air, water, waste, industrial hygiene, safety, ergonomics, fire protection). Develop, implement, and oversee action plans to eliminate hazards and minimize risks.
- Manage the facility’s workers’ compensation program to minimize claims and control costs.
- Conduct inspections and audits as needed to measure effectiveness and implementation of facility EH&S programs.
- B.S. degree in technical discipline (occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science or engineering or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years experience implementing EH&S programs and processes in a complex manufacturing or distribution setting.
- Knowledge of regulations and guidance promulgated by Federal and State OSHA and EPA and workers’ compensation requirements.
- Strong familiarity, understanding and experience in EH&S management systems and their successful implementation
- Ability to communicate with all levels of facility management, labor and government officials.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Working knowledge of various software products, applications and tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of security access control systems, video surveillance, applications and tools (e.g. Lenel, Bosch, Mirasys, etc.)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
7000 Cardinal Place, Dublin, OH 43017
614.339.3968 dir | 614.495.5631 fax