Janet Brumbaugh and Associates is conducting a retained search for a stellar Senior Process Engineer for a fast-growing Pacific Northwest firm specializing in the food industry. Do you have experience with food processing equipment? Maybe pumps, pipes, water, or something related? This individual will work with the company’s customers to design and install food processing setups. A mechanical or chemical engineering degree is a strong plus. Good customer/client relationships skills a must!
Interested? Or do you know someone who might be? Please call Janet at (503) 697-7992 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Position:
The Senior Process Engineer provides engineering expertise to install processing, packaging, and utility equipment as well as assisting clients with the design and implementation of their process technologies and products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing new installation or modification of equipment. Selecting, managing, and working with contractor/subcontractor to complete installation or modification.
- Preparing bid documents and analyze proposals.
- Preparing or assisting in preparation of construction drawings and other required documents.
- Analyzing schematic diagrams, conceptual designs, detail designs, flow charts, PID’s and other documents.
- Formulating project plans: estimating capital requirement, developing project schedules, and identifying resources needed.
- Managing Project: controlling expenditures within limitation of project budget, managing schedule, and preparing interim and complete project reports.
- Coordinating activities between the company and clients in defining equipment requirements, manufacturing processes, standards, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Communicating with building construction management, outside engineering, plant staff, engineering staff, research and development staff, equipment suppliers and other disciplines and consultants as required.
- Ability to negotiate and mediate issues with a variety of personalities representing a diverse group of individuals and businesses.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge and basic proficiency with AutoCAD. Revise and update drawings as required. Knowledge of drafting standards, principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Ability to travel to distant construction sites, which may include overnight or several day stays.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years experience installing food processing equipment and/or pumps, pipes, water, or related systems.
- Experience preferred with all project phases: feasibility, design, installation, commissioning, and start-up.
- Prior experience in project management and leading capital projects from concept to completion preferred.
Excellent compensation package including profit-sharing and multiple bonus possibilities.